ASA Conference 2021


This is an open letter to all members; we want to hear back from each and everyone of you regarding holding our annual ASA Conference in 2021. You will recall last year we had to postpone this due to the Covid – 19 epidemics around the world which made it very unsafe to travel and due to many countries closing flights and boarders.

We also understand that some of you have suffered an economic downturn in activity due to Covid 19 effecting many businesses.

This year at present the Covid situation has not changed much, but with the worldwide vaccine programs being rolled out we hope that travelling will become safer and easier in the near future.

We know that many countries have presently imposed quarantine/isolation restrictions on arrival into their country, and in addition demanding a negative Covid test certificate before boarding a plane, and a subsequent Covid test on arrival which all adds to the cost of travel. But again, we hope these restrictions will be eased over the coming months as Covid becomes less of a threat due to the vaccination programs.

We would like to get your feed back regarding attending an ASA Conference later this year say in October if air travel becomes safer and more available and the cancellation of restrictions on isolation on arrival in the country, we will hold the conference in. Can you please let us know your thoughts to the following options, to enable us to make a decision what to plan for 2021?

Option 1) Yes, if safe travel and venue is available, I will certainly attend the conference this October, even if it is a smaller than normal Conference.

Option 2) I’m not sure at present if I would attend due to safety and economic concerns.

Option 3) No, I think we still need to give more time to ensure Covid does not reappear with a 3rd wave, and we should postpone the Conference to next year 2022.

Option 4) Should we look at an alternative by holding a virtual Conference meeting instead although this will have time differences to overcome.

Please let us have your answers by no later than the 5th March, so we have time to evaluate and make decisions for this year.

Send your replies and comments to Roy Loken

Many thanks & keep safe.

Best regards